The LDIR team here at Asian Americans Advancing Justice is seeking a social media intern to join our team! We’re looking for someone with a commitment to social justice and is interested in diversity, inclusion, and solidarity work through community building. Our intern will work closely in assisting in the programming of our new For the Love of Justice events – our art activists engagement convening – developing a social media strategy, and also digitally connecting with our communities to engage them further into our work.
Here are the details below:
The ideal candidate will be an innovative risk-taker with a good sense of humor and not afraid of conflict. The position creates opportunities for creativity and thinking outside the box. In addition, the position offers an incredible opportunity to support a community-based program working to address issues of structural and institutional oppression, equipping new leaders with skills and analysis to create sustainable community projects. It will be part time (16 – 24 hours/ week).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Co-develop a social media strategy that supports the LDIR program;
- Regular maintenance of and updates to the LDIR website, email newsletter, and Facebook/Twitter pages;
- Provide support to LDIR marketing and alumni engagement efforts;
- Provide support in developing and launching email campaigns;
- Provide support in the development and coordination of LDIR program events and trainings;
- Assist with other programmatic and administrative duties as assigned.
- Commitment to social justice;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with support and supervision;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Familiarity with Word Press, Mail Chimp, Salesforce, Wufoo, Facebook, Adobe Design Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, and the Internet preferred;
- Experience with creating and curating social media content related to social justice campaigns preferred;
- Ability to initiate and coordinate projects in a timely manner;
- Ability to attend some evening and weekend meetings and events
- Valid driver’s license and/or access to alternative means of transportation.
- Interest in photography
Send any questions you may have to Natalie Bui, LDIR’s program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org